Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Avril Lavigne's Goodbye Lullaby

      Avril Lavigne's fourth album Goodbye Lullaby is amazing! I just purchased it on iTunes and I cannot stop listening to it. She has my favorite upbeat pop songs that are just so catchy, her slow songs and then she brings something new to the table. I would describe it as sounding like the new Alanis Morissette. She has lyrics really get to the point of what people feel beautifully with out the corny words. She says things like "Theres a girl that gives a sh*t" which may seem to be inappropriate but if a girl is really trying to get the message out there, I think it is perfect.
     Her single "What the Hell" is so very catchy and I loved it in the beginning. However, as it always happens, the radio gets a hold of it and it gets played over and over again. I have moved on to her ballad of "Wish You Were Here" and the uplifting love song of "Smile". "Goodbye" is a sweet simple love song. It love the song of "I Love You" and "Everybody Hurts".
      She definitely has a great mixture of fun songs to lift the spirits and listen to when your windows are down and then she has the mature songs that you listen to on the rainy days that have great depth too. I would recommend this CD to everyone even if you didn't like her sound before. Thats my opinion! Let me know yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment