Monday, April 11, 2011

My first review- Eat Pray Love the movie

       Hi everybody! My name is Christine and my blog is basically putting my opinions out for the world wide web to read about. I will take recent things I have seen, heard or read about and give my take or review on them. This time I will give my take on the movie staring Julia Roberts, Eat Pray Love. 
      I just watched this movie on Netflix online a week ago with my boyfriend. I was super excited about it because I love Julia Roberts! First and foremost, this movie is definitely a girls movie. There may be exceptions but I feel girls can relate better to a soul searching woman. It is a long movie and it is not recommended to make your boyfriend sit through it either or he will start complaining and make the movie worse. This movie is about Liz,  a happily married woman, who realized that her life needs to go into a different directions and that she is bored with her life. So after a painful divorce, she takes off on a round the world journey. So my overall opinion is I loved it. Julia Roberts is of course amazing and I loved the scenery, the characters and the message it sends out. The negatives is that it can be very slow at times and the connection with Liz is not always there.
      This movie made me rethink where my life is going and really made you think about things in general. I like the message that you have to go live your life and taste the food and experience new things. The movie is good but I would definitely read the book. I have not read it yet but the concept of the movie is great but the book is probably going to give you that connection to Liz that the movie lacks. Overall, good chick flick to watch with the girl friends with an awesome message. Well thats my opinion! Comment and let me know how you felt about the movie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment